This seems like the help section HELP ME @_@

by Unknown

Back to Mythbusters.

Unknown2011-09-26 23:59:22
Hi ^^, i just started playing and am liking it thus far but there is something that i cant find in the help files or the wiki.

how do you stop the spam of such numbers like 504h, 325m, 285e op ex-

and if possible the hints too
Unknown2011-09-27 00:12:31
Ahh, those numbers give you an update of your health, mana, ego, etc... you prolly already knew that. They shouldn't really be spamming. Probably just interspacing the other blocks of text. If it's a solid wall of your prompt line though, then you might either have a stuck enter key sending newlines over and over, or a trigger that keeps sending something repeatedly that might be gagged (hidden) so you don't see it, only the prompt that follows.

Beyond that, I'm not really sure what you mean. If you'd clarify, that might help.

Edit: This thread might work better in the main Survival Guide forum
Enyalida2011-09-27 00:14:58
HINTS OFF for the hints.

You.... really want/need the prompt. Without that, you'd just die for no apparent reason from damage, and it would be impossible to keep track of your mana and ego fast enough to keep on top of sipping potions. The letters also indicate vital facts about you, certain defenses and qualities, like the very important balance and equilibrium everyone has, and the arm balances for physical classes that care about such things. Psionic balances for psionicists also! You can configure it with CONFIG PROMPT. You can get rid of it with CONFIG PROMPT OFF but I .... really really don't advise it.

EDIT: If it's really spamming you, take a screenshot or something and post it somewhere and provide a link for maximum help!
Unknown2011-09-27 00:18:32
well that makes more sense, and yes they are just inter spacing, i found it annoying because i did not understand what they were, now it wont bother me lol, thanks both ^^
Unknown2011-09-27 00:21:24
No problem. You might want to config prompt all so you can see your endurance and willpower as well. They're the same values as what shows up under SCORE or QSC. QSC and SCORE will also show you your maximums for those stats, unlike the standard prompt.
Lerad2011-09-27 05:00:55
You can CONFIG PROMPT OFF to turn it off. It makes for much more RP immersion. You won't know when you're about to die when bashing, of course, but you can switch it back on then if you want. And as a newbie, you'll probably die anyway, prompt or no prompt, if you're in over your head bashing. I certainly advise switching it off if you're settling in for an RP session.
Unknown2011-09-27 10:58:49
As you progress and start making a system and such you can gag your prompt in special ways, so that when its not changing it will disappear but if it changes it will show up. This isn't all that hard to do, also with enough gauges and labals you can kind of do away with it, mostly.
Unknown2011-09-29 05:18:25
QUOTE (zaine @ Sep 26 2011, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how do you stop the spam of such numbers like 504h, 325m, 285e op ex-

You learn not to read those and just recognize them as green/yellow/red. tongue.gif